Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sitting on Duct Tape

I broke the hinge on our toilet seat by standing on it, so we replaced the seat. That was in February. Less than a week later (!) the seat cracked all the way through on one side. I trimmed two plastic bottle tops and taped them to the underside of the seat to provide additional support. Apparently, the material of the seat is much too thin for the design. My fix held up for awhile. But then another crack developed on the broken side, then another at the very front. Finally, two more cracks happened at the back at the hinges. This left us with a toilet seat in five separate pieces held together with duct tape.

I've since gone out and bought another toilet seat. It's the same model as the old one (we have limited choices in this town, so no snide comments, please). Right away before any cracks developed I reinforced it with seven bottle tops along the underside. We will see how long this one lasts. -Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment